I’m currently employed with two jobs, for awhile I was working 60-70/hours a week to pay the bills because my unemployed 40 year old boyfriend was incapable of finding a job..or he didn’twant to find a job. In all honesty I am the one who made his resume, which includes 2 letters of recommendation from his previous employers so I know for a fact it’s not possible he can go 4 months without finding a job... well we’ll get to that.
2 months ago his sister started hounding us, including me, asking why we weren’t driving 900 miles one way, to her daughters first birthday. All the while knowing that her brother is unemployed and terminally lazy. He doesn’t do anything around the house unless I first make him a list, if it’s not on the list then he will not do it unless it solely benefits him or peeks his interest.
Anyways she rambles on and on asking if we are coming, all of his family is coming. We should be there, bullshit, bullshit, bullshit. So after awhile I just give in...because unfortunately that’s who I am...basically a pushover in disguise.
We’ve been suffering from horrible debt for the last year. When we moved to Washington state I had a 750 credit score and it’s now 530 in just one years time. My boyfriend is not someone to rely on..someone dependable. Well so I used almost all of our taxes to pay off a few of the smaller loans so that we would have less monthly payments. We were left with just about $3,600 and had to get 4 new tires, a jack for the car, snow chains, you get my drift. By the time we were ready and packed for the trip we had already spent a little over $1,000, okay then. Some things we needed anyways so what’s the real harm in that?
Meanwhile in the back of my mind I know my cars aren’t registered in the state because we couldn’t come up with the money. My second car, his car, needs repairs it hasn’t been working since he crashed it in the snow. When our first winter came up I begged him to watch videos on how to drive in the snow but as usual he brushed me off, ignored me and did nothing. So literally the second day of snow, which was very light, he crashed my car, our car, which happens to be only under my name. Just like all of our debt is. The list of things we desperately need goes on and on.
By the time we left California we had spent about $2,700 and had only enough money for our rent. You see $2,700 and think that’s not bad for a vacation except we drove not flew, we didn’t stay at a hotel and honestly hardly saw anything of real interest. Don’t get me wrong, I had a wonderful time...ish. His sister was super fucking judgy and a slight pain in my goddamn ass but still it was fun.. but sometimes I wonder why in God’s name do I work so hard, why am I always so tired when this man will just wear me down to the bone anyways? We will never move forward...sometimes I feel so exhausted like I’m dragging myself along barely.
It was amazing for me a small town, island girl 🌴 from Hawaii to be in California. Taking a road trip through several different states. Which is so much more exhausting than you would imagine. Given my “eh drivings not so bad cause cruise control rocks” attitude, it was still so terribly long. I would definitely take the trip under better circumstances, so I could enjoy it a lot more. But when people say “Our beautiful country” wow let me just say you have to really just see it to get it. Hundreds of ever changing miles. Canyons, mountains, lakes and rivers. Sparks of civilization in even the most remote of areas. Just another nook for humanity to explore..
2 months ago his sister started hounding us, including me, asking why we weren’t driving 900 miles one way, to her daughters first birthday. All the while knowing that her brother is unemployed and terminally lazy. He doesn’t do anything around the house unless I first make him a list, if it’s not on the list then he will not do it unless it solely benefits him or peeks his interest.
Anyways she rambles on and on asking if we are coming, all of his family is coming. We should be there, bullshit, bullshit, bullshit. So after awhile I just give in...because unfortunately that’s who I am...basically a pushover in disguise.
We’ve been suffering from horrible debt for the last year. When we moved to Washington state I had a 750 credit score and it’s now 530 in just one years time. My boyfriend is not someone to rely on..someone dependable. Well so I used almost all of our taxes to pay off a few of the smaller loans so that we would have less monthly payments. We were left with just about $3,600 and had to get 4 new tires, a jack for the car, snow chains, you get my drift. By the time we were ready and packed for the trip we had already spent a little over $1,000, okay then. Some things we needed anyways so what’s the real harm in that?
Meanwhile in the back of my mind I know my cars aren’t registered in the state because we couldn’t come up with the money. My second car, his car, needs repairs it hasn’t been working since he crashed it in the snow. When our first winter came up I begged him to watch videos on how to drive in the snow but as usual he brushed me off, ignored me and did nothing. So literally the second day of snow, which was very light, he crashed my car, our car, which happens to be only under my name. Just like all of our debt is. The list of things we desperately need goes on and on.
By the time we left California we had spent about $2,700 and had only enough money for our rent. You see $2,700 and think that’s not bad for a vacation except we drove not flew, we didn’t stay at a hotel and honestly hardly saw anything of real interest. Don’t get me wrong, I had a wonderful time...ish. His sister was super fucking judgy and a slight pain in my goddamn ass but still it was fun.. but sometimes I wonder why in God’s name do I work so hard, why am I always so tired when this man will just wear me down to the bone anyways? We will never move forward...sometimes I feel so exhausted like I’m dragging myself along barely.
It was amazing for me a small town, island girl 🌴 from Hawaii to be in California. Taking a road trip through several different states. Which is so much more exhausting than you would imagine. Given my “eh drivings not so bad cause cruise control rocks” attitude, it was still so terribly long. I would definitely take the trip under better circumstances, so I could enjoy it a lot more. But when people say “Our beautiful country” wow let me just say you have to really just see it to get it. Hundreds of ever changing miles. Canyons, mountains, lakes and rivers. Sparks of civilization in even the most remote of areas. Just another nook for humanity to explore..




Comments
Post a Comment